Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Has it really been a year?

This time last year we were all having a few minutes alone with Dad before he jangled his keys for the last time. A year on I am frequently transported back to that exact moment and wonder whether he could hear us. I hope so as it was probably one of the first times we had truly thanked him for being a great Dad. He was always happy to get involved and support what we did, from jeeps to windsurfing to rekindled scuba in Oz, he knew the importance of doing something with us.

Never easy to know what to do on anniversaries of things like this. We chose to take the boat out. Unfortunately Pete couldn't make it but I think Mum valued having something fun to do on a potentially awkward date.

It was a great trip actually, with teh 5 dolphins being the highlight. Mum even had a little drive..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home