Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Chances Glass on BBC1

Watching BBC1 tonight, heard them mention they were going to do a report on the 'Smethwick factory that shone the lights around the globe', or something like that. Rang Elsie to let her know, but Frank had already been on of course.

It was a really interesting piece and included Angela Hind who I have swapped e-mails with - they had been doing a special project on Chances but had run into financial problems, I guess they are in better shape now.

Anyway, through the joys of technology, I can bring it to you below, with apologies to the Morecroft Massive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annandtim said...

that was great, many memories, Dodo and Elsie can tell you the tale.

3:34 AM  
Blogger The Famous Five said...

That made me feel proud let alone how the dodes must feel. thanks sam, that was great. PS how good is the YOUTUBE/BLOG.

12:38 PM  
Blogger SJD and Co said...

Funny isn't it, we associate with Chances as if Dodo was Chief Executive and Elsie Chairwoman, but there's no doubt it is a key part of our history and great to see it being looked after.

Check out wwww.chancesglass.co.uk, for further info. I shall keep an eye on it, 'cos they have ahd several meets and it would be great to go along with the Cheif Exec and Chairwoman!!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home